We had tons of fun for our first Mother's and Father's Days. For Mother's Day, Dad and Taylor got me a spa day. It was everything I hoped for and more - the perfect gift. They also made a steak dinner and cleaned the house. Really, what more could I really ask for? Father's Day we got to spend with both of our families - the week before in Massachusetts with my parents, and on Father's Day in Chicago with Craig's family. Taylor picked out some of Dad's favorite things for Father's Day, which included a Starbucks card, a grill thermometer for all his grilling, a Michael Jordan outfit for Taylor (yes, they make them for infants!), and best of all new cowboy boots for our move to Nashville!
For those of you who haven't heard, we are making our way south to Nashville TN for Craig's next rotation with Mars. We are really excited about it! We have loved Nashville ever since attending a friend's wedding probably eight years ago. Another big change coming with our move is I'm going to take a break from work! This will give Taylor and I the flexibility to spend more time with my parents in Massachusetts and get to enjoy our time together when he's litle. My company has been incredibly supportive and I feel lucky I'm going to be able to do this. So now the only challenge is we have no where to live - there is a rental shortage in Nashville due to the flooding, so it's been a challenge. In the meantime, Craig will be in corporate housing and T and I will be spending some time in Masachusetts.
3 Years and 2 Months
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment